Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Week 19

Good Afternoon!

We mostly had a day of review. We started out by talking about the whole verb chart from memory.
We then worked on making up sentence by using certain attributes for the verb and then working with the verb tense. The chart this week is the verb anatomy for to play. It is chart O. I encourage you to have your child copy it. The repetition will help even if they don't understand all of the different forms.  Let me know if you have any questions about the chart or the verb anatomy.  We then worked on a sentence. We did not quite get through the quid et quo in the first class. In the second class I changed things up a bit at the last minute since they were falling asleep.  I am going to try to have them up and working on sentences together if possible in the coming weeks since I know it gets hard to sit in their seats at the end of class.
I did mention that I was going to let the kids quiz me next week.  It will be a game of them against me.  I told them they could ask me any question that is found on the memory work charts for EEL.  This would not include the memory charts for IEW or anything from IEW. Also, my daughter asked if she could question me on the how the charts were numbered.  For example, which chart is labled Chart A. The answer would be the 112 Sentence Classification chart. I told her that was not a question I would allow. So anything else that is found on the memory work that they are asked to memorize is fair game. I am not going to study them this week, so hopefully I will do ok.  They may look at the charts during class to find a question to ask. They need to know the answer.  They may look at the charts to find the answer to the questions they ask me.
I am in turn going to ask them a question. They may not look at the charts to answer the ones I ask.
I will be asking their questions without looking at the charts, and I am not going to prepare their questions in advance. This will be to their advantage.
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment