Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Week 18

Thanks to everyone who brought snacks and helped out with the math party yesterday.
A special thanks goes to Rose and Rhonda for coordinating everything. I think everyone had fun.
We mostly did a review yesterday of the 7 sentence patterns. Everyone did a great job figuring out
my sentences.  We also worked with making simple sentences complex, and we also worked with
making up sentences that fit one of the 7 sentence patterns. Both of those are dialectic tasks.
It makes us think . Try doing some of that at home. You can also do some of that with the verb attributes.
You can ask your child to give you a sentence where the verb is : 1st person, singular, active voice, indicative mood,  present progressive tense.  The answer could be " I am falling off the bed. "
Let me know if you have any questions. Both classes beat their marbles from the previous week.
I will have some small treat for them. We only have six more weeks of class!! We have one more sentence
structure to cover from Chart A. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Moms, keep reading the lesson in the EEL guide for each week. It really will help you!
Keep with memorizing the charts. Doing them orally is a good way to see how much your child
can remember.  Let me know if you have any questions.
Have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment