Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Week 5 Interrogatives

Good Afternoon,
It was such a beautiful day! I pray all of you got to go home and enjoy the rest of the afternoon.
Today we did some review of the first 3 sentence purposes that we have studied. I introduced
the interrogative sentence purpose. We focused on turning an S-Vi pattern sentence into an interrogative
sentence using 3 different ways. I gave you the initials C.I. A. to remember the 3 ways. If this is confusing to
your child just don't even worry about using the C.I.A.  It was just meant to be a fun way to remember
and look at 3 ways to change a sentence to an interrogative sentence.  The C stands for Changing the end mark and voice inflection to make a declarative sentence a question. The I stands for an interrogative pronoun taking the place of the noun. The interrogative pronouns are who,whom, whose, which , what.
The A stands for adding a helping verb to make a question. We worked with all of these forms of questions and diagraming them.  Of course there are many other ways to make questions, however, they usually involve other sentence patterns and parts of speech. These will be dealt with later.
Please let me know if you have any questions. There are no new charts this week. Please use this week
to continue to review what has already been worked on. There are 5 sentences again at the end of the
Week 5 lesson to task sheet.
Things to do at home.
1. Mom will read week 5 lesson in EEL guide.
2. Review and study Mastery Charts A-F.
    Have your child write and copy the chart. It is also helpful to go over the chart out loud by asking questions to see how much they remember.

3. Task sheet sentences at the end of week 5 lesson in EEL guide. Sentences 1-3 for 1st tour students, and sentences 1-5 for 2nd or 3rd tour students. I mentioned last week that if your child is feeling these sentence are too easy in the guide if they have done them before. Try giving them one of the sentences and having them try the task sheet from memory. (This of course is for 2nd or 3rd year students) It is a good lesson to see how much they can come up with on their own.  I just have Abigail write it out on a piece of paper. If you need an example of what I mean, I will be glad to send it to you.


Keep bringing those EEL guides!!!

Karen

3 comments:

  1. I am part of the CC community in Clarksville Tn. Our Essentials teachers shared your blog with us as a resource for the songs for the Grammar. Is there a way to get the songs so I can play them on my Kindle or Ipod? I can't seem to find a way to download them. They are wonderful songs and I think would be really helpful for my sons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not know how to get the songs off of here. I was able to pull them up in a mobile version to play on my phone when I wanted to play them in class. I can ask the girl who uploaded them to see if there is an easy way. I can try to get back to you. You should be able to pull them up on your kindle if you have wifi or if you have a phone that can access them from this site.

      Delete