Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Week 4- Hooray!! Read my email.

Good Afternoon,

     Today in class we talked about interjections and imperative sentences.
I felt like you had a pretty good understanding of the imperative purpose.
We went over that the subject of an imperative sentence is always the implied you.
When writing this as the subject you will always enclose the you within parentheses to
show the word is not actually in the sentence.Imperative sentences can end in a period or
an exclamation point.  We also talked about the noun of direct
address especially in reference to imperative sentences. It can be confusing, but please
make sure you do not confuse a noun of direct address for the subject of the imperative
sentence. We diagrammed examples of the imperative sentences.
     Interjections were our new part of speech. I feel like everyone understood while I
was going over these. Please feel free to ask me questions. I know once you get home
things can get confusing. Email me the questions or I am glad to take phone calls to talk
it over with you. Interjections are diagrammed on a floating line over the subject. This shows
that they are not grammatically connected to the sentence. They can stand along or at the
beginning of a sentence. A mild interjection is punctuated with a comma, and the next
letter is not capitalized. A strong interjection at the beginning of a sentence receives an
exclamation point, and the next letter is capitalized in the sentence.
Things to do at home this week!! There are no new memory work charts this week!! Yay!!
1. Mom should read the week 4 lesson in the EEL Guide.
2. Review memory charts A-F. Have you child write them out, but I find going over them orally
at least once a week helps.
3. Task sheet the sentences in the back of Lesson 4.

Let me know if I can help in any way!!!!
Blessing,
Karen

-I plan to give out some more "treats" this next week for all of those moms who have their EEL Guide!!

No comments:

Post a Comment