Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Week 21!!! What a beautiful day!!

    The weather was so glorious yesterday. It was hard to stay inside. We only have 3 more classes of Essentials this year. I know it is hard to stay focused. Please try hard to finish strong to the end.
I will try to have some type of review game planned for the next two classes along with the lesson.
We will try to have a big review game on Week 24.  The next 3 weeks will be review along with touching on some advanced concepts such as participles and gerunds.  We talked about infinitives yesterday.
Please do let me know if there is something you feel like we did not cover well , or something you have questions about. I would be glad to go over it at some point in the next 3 weeks.
    Yesterday we covered our last sentence structure. The compound/complex structure is a combination of a compound sentence and a complex sentence.  Everyone seemed to do well forming the compound/complex structure out of a simple sentence.  This would be good practice to do at home. Let me know if you have any questions.  We also went over the basics of infinitives.  Please let me know if you have any questions.
If you are a first year student this may be a little over your child's head, so you can pick up on it next year if that is the case.  We diagrammed and labeled a sentence in class. We did not get to the quid et quo.
Please make sure you are trying this at home. Let me know if you have any questions. I may go over the quid et quo again next week quickly. I may just pick a short simple sentence to demonstrate it again.
Please let me know if I can do anything to help.
Things to work on this week:
1. Mom should read Lesson 21.
2. Task sheet sentences that follow the lesson.
3. Review memory work charts.

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment