Monday, December 2, 2013

Week 12 EEL

I hope everyone had a great holiday!!! I am sorry it took so long for me to write my blog.
Our last class was mostly review. We reviewed the interrogative purpose and the S-Vl-PN and
S-Vl-PA patterns. Our family feud review game was a lot of fun. I took all of the questions from the mastery charts. The main thing you can do over the break is review. Go back over all of the mastery charts. Focus on the things your child may need help on. I advise quizzing the charts in different way. Have them copy or write them out, but also ask them orally the items on the charts just like I did in our Family Feud game. You can mix the charts up, or focus on one chart at a time.
It is also a good time to give them sentences from all four patterns that we have worked on, and see if they can figure out which pattern it is. Making up sentences is not as hard as it seems. Just keep them simple. You can just model them after the ones in the book. Another good way to get them thinking is to ask them to give you a sentence of a certain pattern, purpose, and structure. Encourage them to keep it simple at first and not to add too many details.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Have a blessed Christmas break!!

No comments:

Post a Comment