Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Week 22: With two weeks to go, finish strong!

Only two weeks! Unbelievable, isn't it? It seems as though we just began our journey into the heart of the English language. This time of year always proves conflictual -- I anticipate the end, but I know I'll miss our time together each week.

For EEL yesterday, we reviewed our purposes, patterns and structures and then modified and diagrammed a compound-complex sentence with adjectives, adverbs and a prepositional phrase. The students remained engaged throughout the process; I'm really proud of them! Next week -- I can't wait -- we'll diagram the Preamble to the Constitution. :) It's lo-o-o-ong!

During IEW, I discussed anecdotal openers and the intro-clincher relationship. I distributed Lessons 19, 20 and 21. Everyone should continue working on their biographies according to the information I wrote last week, using the lessons I handed out as they relate to your student's level.

Two weeks from yesterday, we present in costume. It's a fantastic way to cap our year.

See you next week.

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment