Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Week 14: Give your students a thank you from me!

Good morning. The children behaved like angels yesterday, didn't they? Please tell them I said THANK YOU!

At home this week, spend your EEL time continuing to familiarize yourselves with complex sentences, subordinating conjunctions, relative pronouns, and indirect objects. Also devote a little practice to active and passive voice verbs. The lesson in the EEL guide this week is excellent, so use it as much as you can.

Next week, we will introduce Tasks 5 and 6 from our ATS. What fun! I'd also like to start discussing verb forms if time allows. If not, I'll probably assign it as an admission ticket.

For IEW, your assignment is to complete your key word outlines, fused outline and rough draft paragraph for Topic C, the contents of the declaration. I accidentally photocopied the front of the lesson page on both sides, so you are without your key word outline templates; however, a piece of notebook paper should suffice. I also handed out in class yesterday the rules and worksheets for colons and semicolons from the IEW Resource Notebook. Try to complete these worksheets at home this week; they are good practice. I will bring sheet protectors for them next week. I didn't have 40 left, so I am ordering more.

Finally, I sent home the admission ticket -- another page from the IEW Resource Notebook that lets them unscramble words. They can return it to me next week.

Have a great week studying and writing. Please let me know if I can assist you.

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment