Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A Note about Time...

I'm reviewing the Weekly Notes I just posted, and the thought crossed my mind that y'all are going to think, "Wow! This is going to take a lot of time." The answer is, yes, it might.

But this is what I think. I think you can complete EEL in 15 to 20 minutes, and most of that will be oral dialog between you and your student(s). Just sit on the sofa and talk about simple sentences for a little while each day.

Allow for IEW to take more of their time, particularly the rough draft and final draft days. And when they complain, just tell them that some days are going to be more challenging and take longer than others. Let the long days encourage them to appreciate the shorter ones! When Maggie was working on IEW rough drafts, I often found that once I helped her get started, she would complete the rest on her own in a fairly timely fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment